(as of Aug 11,2022 20:45:20 UTC – Details)
EK-Velocity sTR4 is the 3rd generation of CPU water blocks that are tailor-made for AMD® Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processors.
The primary goal in designing the new EK-Velocity sTR4 water block was to fully cover the entire IHS of HEDT AMD® Ryzen Threadripper processors and to improve the cooling performance. A dense micro-fin structure that counts 91 wide grooves fully cover the CPU dies that are located below the IHS so they are cooled more effectively.
The top is made from CNC machined Acrylic material. Every EK-Velocity sTR4 water block comes with a precisely machined copper base (cold plate) which is made from purest copper available on the market and is treated with nickel electroplating.
EK-Velocity sTR4 comes with a pre-assembled error-preventing mounting mechanism that is installed directly onto the SocketTR4 mounting holes. The result is a perfect installation which results in optimal performance every time. This also means the water block is out of the box compatible with AMD’s server type Socket SP3 motherboards. With such a mounting solution, the user does not need to remove the motherboard from the case and so has a hassle-free installation procedure of the new CPU.
CPU socket compatibility:
– AMD SocketTR4 (Socket SP3r2)
– AMD Socket SP3
– EK-Velocity sTR4 – Nickel + Plexi water block
– TIM / thermal grease: EK-TIM Ectotherm (1g)
- The use of specifically engineered coolants that contain corrosion and scale inhibitors is mandatory to prevent damage to your nickel plated water block!
- A backplate is not included! The water block is mounted directly onto the AMD TR4 socket mounting holes.
- This product should NOT be installed with any aluminum Fluid Gaming parts!
The Nickel + Plexi EK-Velocity sTR4 is the 3rd generation of CPU water blocks that is tailor-made for AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors
Covers the entire IHS of HEDT AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors which improves cooling performance
Comes with a pre-assembled error-preventing mounting mechanism that is installed directly onto the SocketTR4 mounting holes
The top is made from acrylic and the cold plate is made from nickel plated copper
CPU socket compatibility: AMD SocketTR4 (Socket SP3r2), AMD Socket SP3